I can be unreasonable at times, not all times my dear buddies just sometimes! While i was a happy go lucky spinster, having a nice and dandy beer on a friday night - wait no I am making that thing up!
Anyway the point is, while I was a spinster I had an almost allergic reaction towards public display of love or Lowve (that is what i used to call it back then!)
Kind of made me want to go tell them - yo, mates - go get a room!
Even if they were just cuddling or Coochie-cooing in public - yeap i told you i can be unreasonable at times! After i got married, I have been working hard on the tolerance levels...
Well, years later - hey not like a zillion years later, just a couple...for some reason ever since my husband turned 30 my hormones have been working me up and I am terribly conscious of maintaining my 'Age Image' (whatever that is!)
Anyway once again the point is, couple of years later one fine day i.e. today I was watching a morning talk show about 'Public acts of Love' aka 'Puppy Love' :) Now you know...
The women in the talk show found it extremely sweet, cute, cuddly, Dudley, Pinky - whatevery!!!
Loads of people emailed their experiences and some even sent videos... One video was 'Magnifique' and thrilled me to the bones.
An Australian couple in their holiday at Jaipur. The girl has some Indian ancestry - apparently her grand mom is an Indian and this holiday is some sort of connecting with her roots plus a honeymoon trip!
It is a busy bustling market and the candid video was shot by the waiter under instructions from the guy. She is standing next to a lady selling bangles and all of a sudden 'out of the blue' there is a loud scream. Heards turn to find the aussie guy screaming at the top of his voice 'MAAAAAIIIIII TUUUMMSEEEEE PYAAAAR KARTAAAAAAA HAIIIIIIIII'
I mean its not mere screaming, he is screaming as if he has got a bloody rat going down his a** - Kick -a** bad accented Hindi and for some reason that fails my naive brain - he screams and he screams on...
The lady turns to see what in the world is happening, only to find her guy on knees screaming like there is no tomorrow. The waiter did a fantastic job of 'capturing' the lady's expressions - she was absolutely horrified and embarrassed looking at the peering eyes around her! The rest of the market, after getting over the initial shock of an 'angrej' guy screaming at the top of his voice are now thrilled to bits watching this 'show'
The screaming continues for about 2 mins by which the lady selling bangles explains the meaning of the chant to the baffled lady... She hardly has a smile on her face.. she walks down, says something in the guy's ear and continues walking towards the restaurant - this is when 'sadly' the video ends!
The talk show hosts are once again up on air and the first one to comments goes 'Oh my god, I thought it was really powerful, very raw and very powerful display of love'
Next one says 'Yea i think it was really filled with emotions and meaning'
blah blah blah...
I couldn't believe my ears and eyes - all that I saw was a bloke screaming his lungs out in a language he didn't know and probably his partner either; making a complete fool of himself'
Ah well, each one is entitled to their opinions and this one is mine, but seriously think about it... I mean.. a guy screaming... :) U do agree with me, don't u?
1 comment:
better name it 'yucky love' - yelling uglt in public! :P
Post a Comment