Sunday, December 12, 2010

When you say nothing at all...

To speak and to be spoken to is man's way of transcending the animal kingdom. Since time immemorial, the art of skillful communication has kept mankind one step ahead. Back then it was all about finding one's place in their tribe. Centuries have passed and the purpose of communication continues to remain the same.
Passion, Commitment and Attitude are all 'Communicated'. Memories are 'Remembered' over a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon. Love is 'Expressed' with silly messages and meaningless conversations.
'Loyalty' to the nation is Voiced by citizens in the form of public debates and rally.

But what happens when this primitive attribute of mankind is curbed? What happens when what is being spoken and spoken to is rationed and censored?
Will it cause mankind to lose its advantage over the animal kingdom? Wouldn't it take humans one step behind in the life cycle?

I recently watched a video about the role of society as the 3rd side to every situation. It made an awful lot of sense when the speaker discussed about this concept. He said every political situation in deadlock is a negotiation problem. It almost always has two sides. It is exactly in this kind of a scenario where the wide community of people around the world plays the role of a third side purely and simply because of 'Communication' - The concept left a impression in my mind and I am sure to make good use of it.

This morning, I read about how much of real political freedom do the Chinese nationals have; and I was reminded of this very concept.
I am of the opinion, by not allowing people to 'express' themselves - the community is being taken behind. Their growth and prosperity in general is being tarnished.
The Chinese Government and its Citizens form the two sides to this case - I join the third side which has millions of others across the world supporting 'Freedom of Speech' to its deserving citizens.

2 comments:

n!ved!t@ said...

Waiting for you to say some more :)

n!ved!t@ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.