First they ignore you....Then they laugh at you......Then they fight you....Then you win!- MK Gandhi
These highly inspiring words will fuel the fire in the heart of any aspiring and determined young man/woman. I was one of those!
I started off my engineer course with a tad of disappointment in my heart. Disappointment of not being able to make it into the BITS, Pilani. I was upset for no reason and threw tantrums at home. I was the apple of my dad's eye and he tried his best to console me. When I retrospect on those days, I realize how low I had set my own goals. I was misguided by many. I interpreted success and career based on the name and charm associated with that place.
Its almost 2 yrs since I came out of that engineering college with a first class and distinction. It has been a journey worth remembering. I was never the topper of my class, yet I realize that all along I had the capability in me to distinguish myself as someone worth taking a second look! ;)
I honed my talents and by the end of the 3rd year in college, I knew that I had to choose a career in management!
Wipro came along for campus and I got through! Having lost my dad during the course of my college, I decided against going abroad for MS. Although most of my close friends were leaving and my heart didn't want to miss out such a wonderful opportunity!
Nevertheless as my favourite toon character Captain Haddock says 'All is well that's ends well'
I stayed in Chennai and joined Wipro.
But my heart kept driving me to pursue a post graduation in my desired stream of education...management.
And I did take the plunge.. for almost 6 months starting the mid of 2006... I burnt the mid night's oil! I joined classes for a second time in Bangalore and studied in the right earnest. I had applied to almost every single university that I had shortlisted and appeared for almost every exam that was thrown open to students! My mother was getting frustrated with the amount of money I was spending in just applying to these universities.
Then towards the end of Dec when it looked as though nothing was working out... my on site trip happened!
I flew all alone to the US for a project (much to the pride of my mother!) and stayed for almost 3 months.
The interview for the B school that I am joining shortly happened soon after I landed in Chennai!
I was thrilled and happy. I gave it my best shot and I cracked it!
It was a very satisfying moment! Finally I was on my way to a management career...
Life goes through changes every passing moment...
It has been a journey so far.. and there is a long journey waiting ahead of me..
As Robert Frost says.. Miles to go before I sleep...Miles to go before I sleep!!!
Regards,
J.
3 comments:
You are one of the few(only) women I met who is so good in writing, you are a very good story teller. I'm no where near compared to your creative writing skills. I like the sensitivity and the way you have handled the emotions are very good. I enjoyed reading it, keep up the good work!
Moving! Truly!
Godspeed.
Journey... well, nice one. Life is after all a sojourn , atleast that's what I consider Life as. I guess you should write a book on your favourite topic. hmm hmm???
Post a Comment