I have been on cloud nine ever since I met my life partner... Today a small event jolted me and made me reflect on something which never fails to touch my heart...
I was on my way to visit my grandparents and it was raining heavily. I increased my pace of walking... I have spent so many days walking and running on the streets of west mambalam... It is as close to my heart as A3 Kala flats is :)
Suddenly i saw something which made me slow down involuntarily. I saw a really old man with barely a towel on his head and a tattered dhoti around his waist walking in the road with the rain gushing down in its full strength.
The sight was heart wrenching... Abject poverty... Haplessness...
Made me think, what I am doing to help people like him. Can I do something for such people on the 'Other Side' ?
I walked up to him and gave him the food I was carrying for my grandparents. I also gave him a 50 Rs note. Something which might just last him for 2 meals.
The deed was done and I should have probably felt happy that my share of good deeds for the day is over...
But my mind is still restless... 'The Other Side' continues to occupy my thoughts...
1 comment:
i am sorry, but the only thing i can think after reading this is.. you stayed in kala flats, ashok nagar?!
Post a Comment