Saturday, November 01, 2008

50 first dates...!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... today was quite an eventful day! Why wouldn't it be... Imagine I had gone on a date! Date arranged by parents! Phew... never thought  my mom would become tres' moderne ;) ( tats french for the uninformed! ) 

Anyway..it all started well.. I was supposed to meet my 'date' at the mall by 12 noon and i call him up at 11.40 ish to find he is still at home! :) wow... must be punctual! ;) 
Anyway, I land up at the mall around 12.15 and he is caught up in traffic! ( yes, what else would you expect in Chennai! ) 
So much for the start of my date! I settled down in a bench at the lobby and pulled out my ipod! Thank You Steve Jobs! 
I was in my 2nd song - ( Rihanna Umbrella) when i saw him coming! Finally! :)
And here he was in an attire so casual - he could have actually passed for a college goer! And I was in a silk cotton salwar looking as old as eternity!!! MOM - So much for being formal on my date!!! 
Anyway - dragged him around the mall.. Coffee, books, Cookie... Cut Scene - Next Scene - "Meet the Family" 
Three more 'college going looking' chaps turned up!!! MOM - NO MORE SILK SALWARS FOR DATE!!! 
Now comes the best part.... 
How do u bask in the glory of Chennai - " Take a walk in RK Salai with a pointed heel at 1 in the afternoon wearing a silk salwar" wow - I'm sure who ever is reading this can almost picture me doing that!!! 
Well that is exactly what we did... 
And Now for the " Grande Finale" Break the pointed heel of your shoe and wait in saravana bhavan - No Food, No Heel, No car - This date was getting more exciting than a Bond Movie! :) 
But as someone said... every cloud has a silver lining.... 
And I got to see some golden lining... Nice bunch of people... Shy and Modest Chap who incidentally is my date! ;) I must admit - I completely enjoyed this " Rendezvous" :) 
( I also struck a deal for a new pair of footwear) 
So, hopefully this is the start of something new... Maybe the start of 50 first dates in my life... God Willing! 


No comments: