
"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing"
I remember reading this quote on the wedding day of a friend who had a love marriage! I was happy for her and I remember thinking to myself how would I feel when I finally say yes to someone!
Well, ladies and gentlemen pardon me for this little love note blog of mine :) But yes I did finally say Yes...
So on the 10th of this month me and Aswin got engaged!
It was one extremely special day in my life. I Missed you dad!
When i landed in office a day later, the first thing someone asked me was 'So, how does it feel to be trapped?' :) Hmm...strange question. I didn't expect someone to ask me that!
I did contemplate for a while... How does it feel now that I finally said Yes...
To be honest... It feels wonderful. It doesn't feel trapped on the contrary it feels more relieved. I am relieved that I finally have someone with whom I can be myself... completely...
And yes... over the course of time as I keep discovering new things about him it makes me feel responsible, happy, pleased and above all grateful to god!
I have always failed to understand why people take years and years to select their partners... i picked mine in less than 10 secs. He made me wait for almost 25 mins on the very first date! How audacious... Yet the minute I saw him and looked into his eyes I knew deep inside.. that this was it!
I am never the 'Love at first site' types. And it was not Love when I first met Aswin... It was something better. A feeling of closeness, camaraderie, friendship... it was anything but love...
I knew we would be friends forever... love will find its own way ;)
And true to itself... friendship is helping me discover new things about him and love is close on its heels...
Its a long way ahead to the day when we are formally proclaimed Man and Wife but the journey together has already begun... This is one journey I was waiting to take...
No comments:
Post a Comment