Saturday, December 06, 2008

Moving On....

"Time is the best healer" I have heard this one quite a few times. No comments on this one!
Today, as i sat beside my mom watching my brother perform rituals for my dad, I begged to differ with the above quote. My heart did sink as low as it did on the day he left us.
...
I remember attending a goan catholic wedding. As my friend Cathy walked down the aisle with her dad in her gleaming white wedding gown, i was touched to see a few tears roll down her dad's cheeks. His little miss sunshine had blossomed into a charming young maiden soon to fly away with her partner to the united states. I remember seeing him maintain his poise when his daughter took her vows and agreed to take Raj - her fiance' to be the man in her life until 'death can do them apart' !
Which makes me think - can death really do people apart? I don't think so. It might remove the person physically from others lives but their memories live on forever.
Today was a reinforcement of this... As i silently watched my brother offer prayers, I was reminded of all those tiny incidents I have shared with my dad... those innumerable occasions when I have watched him hug and play with my brother... his reverberating laughter which filled our lives and his smiling face which faded away mysteriously...
Life does certainly move on... But certain memories live on forever... my everlasting memory... my dad...
God Bless!

No comments: