It’s a new day. A significant event just occurred. I just realized that starting today I am ‘officially unemployed’!
Wishes were showered upon me and I was bid adieu by my buddies at work. I can 'Chill Out' at home!
Agreed - but i just hope my education loan chills out for a while ;)
It has been a year at Cognizant – Neither long enough to miss not too short to ignore.
This being my first job post MBA – I had too many hopes when I joined. Some were met, some shattered and some were gone with the wind.
Life changed a great deal in the year that has just gone by – from being a single, ready to mingle types I moved on to become to bride to be :)
I learnt a great deal both on and off work; my learnings & takeaways have been summarized below:
1. Most important of all – Buddies @ work
Last minute decks, filling up slides with consultant jargon, trip to PiravomJ, booze sessions at Fortune (not to forget the free soap packets that the ladies used to get and guys used to get jealous about!), tea sessions filled with laughter…
Amit and random ramblings – Long meaningless conversations on the communicator, playing a decent game of pool and an autrocious game of fooseball
Ajay’s craving for Sambar – record yet to be beat by a southie!
Kalathil’s quest for ‘D Perfect Girl’ (hope he gets her soon ;) wish you luck man!) Anand V’s totally cool personality – The Mallu return(ed) from Gelf!
Appu – ever exhuberant and o so shrill voice!
Jithin – Ever smiling and the new found BD man!
Zackie – forever nice to me – missed him at TCO
Neel – Oh the Aviator glasses of his J
Simi – so sweet
Lee – I knew she is gonna marry tat chap! ;)
Baraskar – My first friend at Cognizant
The list is endless… and the impressions people have left upon me are immense.
There have been several other wonderful and not so wonderful people. I have learnt to forgive and forget – okay who am I kidding – I wont forgive or forget but I shall ignore!!! J
2. Friends can turn foes
This year has been profound – I have had some close friends turning foes and have become absolutely rutheless to me. Once again – I ignore!
3. Wedding
Marriage to Aswin and moving to Sydney - J Looking forward
This blog is incomplete without my heartfelt thanks to so many people who have touched my life in the past one whole year – Selva rani, Vijay Swamy, Reena Sharma, Sandy, Aruna, Vidya, Harish, Srini … and many more
I would miss my bus driver who always used to smile when I get inside the bus… I would miss the coffee lady; I would miss the security in SDB2…
I am moving on… I hope I am remembered!!!
2 comments:
Hehe, know what your biggest take-away from the job is - the way you've started off ur beautiful synopsis with a snobby "have been summarized below" :-P Guess one of those decks finally got to you, huh??
All the best, girl, will miss ya! :-)
Getting nostalgic already.. :)
Post a Comment