Monday, August 03, 2009

Gen Next...Bah !!!

It was yet another day when I left early from work, only to catch one of those omnipotent share autos in my 'middle of nowhere' office locality. A young man, all of 20 years of age; impeccably dressed was seated with an equally good looking dame. I was genuinely surprised and pleased to see such 'good' looking people. As one of my buddies commented in a drama hall and i quote ' Such impeccably dressed people apparate the minute they step out this place'
Anyway - once i got over my initial surprise and settled down in the ready to break down rickety auto - I realized the lad's shoe was protruding and kept gracing my dress. I politely asked him to move his leg.
I was taken aback when he shot back at me saying 'Why don't u move to the side?'
Today is one of those pensive days when i am not in my usual 'barky' self. I moved to the side and sat reflecting on the change i saw in these people. Branded clothes and manicured nails don't seem to have an ounce of genuine care and concern for people... So much for Gen Next!!!

1 comment:

Amit S. said...

Ooh!! I am most honored, you know why! ;)