Monday, November 30, 2009

Kalyana Kanuvugal

I know i got two 'ardent' fans for this blog who don't know as much as T of Tamil... hence for the benefit of those poor souls - the title of this blog simply means 'Wedding Dreams'
Every sane and insane person has expectations, hopes, desires and wild reasons to marry. If you are one of those who has been married for god knows how many years - you might end up thinking - no sane person gets married - summing up - all insane people jump into the bandwagon with all those mentioned above.
And if it happens to be an arranged marriage - phew you are bound to have zillions of ass-umptions about marriage!!!
Well, I am one of those who had a proper arranged marriage - Parents met parents, parents met girl, parents met boy and lastly boy meets girl.

Today was one of those days when me and my husband had a silly altercation over nothing in particular and my husband remarks - "Why don't you buy the book - Marriage for Dummies!!!"
Hmm, my first stop - Wikipedia :) The ever resourceful Wiki...
It says Marriage is a social union or legal contact between individuals. People marry for many reasons, most often including one or more of the following: legal, social, emotional, economical, spiritual, and religious...

I tried to seek answers to why I married... it was a bit of all the above things... plus something beyond - it was my 'dream'
I used to dream about marriage - about my perfect day in married life - about shopping as a married person - taking decisions as a married person - spending a day learning about something new .... my list in endless
I am happy i did dream about marriage - cause now many of these dreams walk alive in my life and some of them remain hidden inside my mind. But I am happy i had them. They give me a reason to smile, to look forward to better things and to dream more :)
Signing off with a yawn and a small word of advice for all you to-be married buddies - Dream On...

No comments: