Well, I am 'normal' like most of you out there! That is, if we choose to describe ourselves as 'Normal' then yes I am one of you!
The latest change in my everyday living has been moving to a new place. Because of some weird technical and not so technical reason - we ended up being 'powerless' for 4 whole days!!!
I couldn't possibly fathom that life has become so dependable on electricity that for the first 2 days it almost felt like I was in a different world. I grew sad, depressed and even lonely!
On the third day - I was surprised to realize that I actually started getting used to the soft darkness around me - the soothing beam of light from the solitary candle and the chance to stand out in the balcony with cool breeze caressing my face and a genuine appreciation for the road beside my apartment!
I felt like I had more time for myself and for living! I felt more connected to everything around me and in a strange sense I felt more efficient too...
Now I have the power restored and I feel a twinge of regret. Last evening I sat down for dinner with my husband and followed our usual routine of catching up with the night news - I felt bad. I felt bad for not having a candle lit dinner we had been having for the past 4 days. I also felt bad because we weren't talking about how silly our day had been and how much we miss those days of childhood.
Alas, everything is but a necessary evil - isn't it? I wouldn't be sharing this with you, if it weren't for the power beaming life into my computer.
But one thing is for sure, amidst so many other everlasting thoughts of mine - these days of complete darkness will beam bright in my mind.
Shine On...
No comments:
Post a Comment