Grandparents are meant to spoil their grandkids. I guess its the sole purpose of creating grandparents. They are old, they are adorable and they dont understand technology - which makes you feel like a techno geek in front of them.
Seetha Patti was definitely fast to catch up on technology. She loved the good old telly and loved watching episode after episode of sob story in the never ending tamil sitcom mania.
She loved her food - Now that she is gone, her recipes are gone. I am probably never going to eat another Kancheepuram Idly in my life. I would never ever get an extra dollop of ghee on my plate knowing jolly well that the scales are tipping in red zone - to her it never mattered. She would get rid of my guilt and i felt better knowing it was 'good' for me.
She read with a fervor - all afternoons were spent reading her books over and over... In spite of her eye hurting and back failing.
On those innumerable occasions when I have cuddled next to her, the soft nine yards saree of hers would be reassuring.
She left without meeting my yet to be born child - which she kept talking about over and over and i only too shyly told her - too soon to have one patti!!!
I will miss her and I believe she is in safe hands with Appa...
2 comments:
Good one on that kancheepuram idly!! darn..no one can surpass these good old pattis who are best at making lovely delicious dishes! aren't they :)
Ooopsy! What I wanted to initially say was "Deeply sorry for an irreplaceable loss"
Post a Comment