Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Me Myself and Wipro

Wipro has been very kind to me :) from the days of being just another college grad to the present corporate employee, It has groomed me to face people with style and substance!
It gave me an identity, a method of recognition in the sea of other IT professionals. I have always had a deep sense of admiration for Mr.Premji. His soft nature and keen business acumen inspired me. I had read a great deal about him while I was in college and it is a sense of immense satisfaction and pride to be a part of his very own empire. I knew I had in a small but sure way contributed to a few pennies in his pocket! ;)
Steve Hamm came down to India in order to write about the Bangalore Tiger and after i read that book, my devotion towards Wipro and the top management strengthened.
A very important lesson that I learnt in Wipro is this:
Money is never the mark of success. People in Wipro including premji never let money be the prime motivation for its employees. Surprising how they managed to carry on with this tradition esp. in the present materialistic world. :)
To be frank, I was one of those 'Grudge Masters' who kept rambling on about the poor pay at Wipro! ;)
But today, as an Ex-employee of this mighty Bangalore Tiger I realize the magic that it has managed to work on most of its people. People stay with Wipro for things much more serious than a few extra wards of paper currency! :)
They stay there for the pride, the prestige and the empowerment that they enjoy!
They are there because its Home! :)
I guess I am getting too sen ti-mental! ;) Nevertheless, I took a few snaps on the last day at work and I decided to put one of them on this blog!
As someone said, people might move on, years might fly past but empires last!
I move on from Wipro to better myself, to gain some knowledge and get a better perspective about the nuances of business. But I would someday come back... come back to my Alma matter as someone important and highly respected. I am sure i would have the same feeling I have every time I walk into my school till this date!

Eagerly awaiting for that moment!!!
Love,
J.

2 comments:

Vinaya Gangalam(Vinay) said...

I wish you good luck for your future aspirations, and I sure that wipro will find it hard to replace you...

Good luck!
Vinaya Gangalam

Unknown said...

Me n my pal Prem will be eagerly waiting for that moment too. Keep rocking till then.

Signed, K.