Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tick and then Flick

There are some people whom I choose to describe as 'Tick and then Flick'
They 'Tick' in the first place because something about them is an instant hit with you. The connection is almost instantaneous and it ends up feeling like you have known them forever. Oh no, I am not talking about thou's holy boyfriends and holier girlfriends. These ones are far too close - they become your best friends and sometimes your alter ego.
They say as you think, they do as you would have done and they feel as you weep - it is interesting and meaningful; almost like a good cup of instant coffee. The caffeine hits you in a sec and it hits you well.
You march along until you reach the fork at the end of the road. It gets interesting at this point - now is when you meet thou's holy boyfriend or holier girlfriend - Its the start of a new relationship and the end of another.
The 'Ticks' now start to 'Flick'
For some unsaid holy rule, understanding a new relationship by a 'Tick' is never too easy. They shy, they shun and eventually shoot off.
In the heat of things, things don't seem to have changed until one fine day you sit down with a drink and for no apparent reason think of the best times you have had. It almost always has been with the 'Ticks'.
You put your arm around your 'Tick' and flop your head on his/her shoulder with the warm reassurance that no matter how drunk you are, your tick would drag you to your bed and tuck you in safely. The secrets you share, and the frequent 'urgent' loans you would taken and lent, silly nothings to significant incidents - they all come gushing back...
Yet today it is just you with the drink in your hand... you are happily married and couldn't ask for more, or so I think!
But alas - I do, I do need something more, I do need my 'Tick'

No comments: